The world's most flexible MBA programme
This is your MBA. Not ours. That means you start when you like and finish when you like. You can study from home or on campus. At EBS, our courses are designed to fit round you.
One of the world's largest MBA programmes
Edinburgh Business School is one of the world's pre-eminent business schools. We have more than 10,900 active students. More than 15,500 alumni. And partners across seven continents.
One of the world's most innovative business schools
Our rigorous courses can be studied in any order. You take exams when you're ready. At Edinburgh Business School, we take a different view. Come and see for yourself.
Some of the most talented students – and teachers – in the business world
We have students from more than 40% of Fortune 500 companies. Our courses are written by prize-winning business authors. For more than 20 years, our programmes have challenged, inspired – and rewarded.
The modern corporation operates within an ever changing framework of law and is subject to the direct control of the Board of Directors. The Board must ensure the law is adhered to while simultaneously ensuring that strategies for long term success are set and implemented. Doing both successfully can be very difficult to achieve. It is therefore necessary to achieve a balance and alignment among external and internal controls, risk management and competitive behaviour.
- Corporate governance issues, concepts and domain.
- External governance – law and regulation.
- Codes of 'best practice' and norms of behaviour.
- Boards of directors: the lynchpin.
- Internal controls and accountability.
- Risk management.
- Financial market supervision and control.
- Governance and financial market economics.
- External reporting need vs. delivery.
- Definition inconsistency and system improvement.
- Reality in the face of prescription.