The world's most flexible MBA programme
This is your MBA. Not ours. That means you start when you like and finish when you like. You can study from home or on campus. At EBS, our courses are designed to fit round you.
One of the world's largest MBA programmes
Edinburgh Business School is one of the world's pre-eminent business schools. We have more than 10,900 active students. More than 15,500 alumni. And partners across seven continents.
One of the world's most innovative business schools
Our rigorous courses can be studied in any order. You take exams when you're ready. At Edinburgh Business School, we take a different view. Come and see for yourself.
Some of the most talented students – and teachers – in the business world
We have students from more than 40% of Fortune 500 companies. Our courses are written by prize-winning business authors. For more than 20 years, our programmes have challenged, inspired – and rewarded.
Different investment projects generate different cash flows and different levels of risk. The problem is that choices have to be made among competing uses for funds because businesses typically face constraints on the availability of capital. Financial tools make it possible to reduce a bewildering array of cash flows spread over a variety of time periods to more easily comparable net present values. These tools enable the efficiency principles of economics to be applied in a rigorous manner. Financial concepts also provide the link between company operations and capital markets. It is impossible to understand the behaviour of the stock market without a grasp of the principles of financial analysis.
- Basic ideas, scope and tools of finance.
- Fundamentals of company investment decisions.
- Earnings, profit and cash flow.
- Investment decisions using weighted average cost of capital.
- Estimating cash flows for investment projects.
- Applications of company investment analysis.
- Risk and company investment decisions.
- Company dividend policy.
- Company capital structure.
- Working capital management.
- International financial management.
- Options, agency, derivatives and financial engineering.