The world's most flexible MBA programme
This is your MBA. Not ours. That means you start when you like and finish when you like. You can study from home or on campus. At EBS, our courses are designed to fit round you.
One of the world's largest MBA programmes
Edinburgh Business School is one of the world's pre-eminent business schools. We have more than 10,900 active students. More than 15,500 alumni. And partners across seven continents.
One of the world's most innovative business schools
Our rigorous courses can be studied in any order. You take exams when you're ready. At Edinburgh Business School, we take a different view. Come and see for yourself.
Some of the most talented students – and teachers – in the business world
We have students from more than 40% of Fortune 500 companies. Our courses are written by prize-winning business authors. For more than 20 years, our programmes have challenged, inspired – and rewarded.
Human Resource Development
Effective individual learning is critical if employees are to acquire the knowledge and skill needed to support the organisation's business objectives and delivery targets. The delivery of effective people development practices requires a considerable increase in commitment and enhanced skills from all managers. A shift is taking place from training (an instructor-led, content-based intervention) to learning (a self-directed, work-based process), leading to increased adaptive capacity.
For these reasons, and many others, the well-rounded manager in the successful organisation usually numbers among their priorities the development of people, or human resource development.
- Introduction to human resource development.
- Observing and assessing HRD needs.
- Planning: designing HRD activities.
- Action: bringing learning to life.
- Quality: reviewing and evaluating HRD.
- Process section: integrative case.
- Organisational HRD strategies.
- HRD providers and partners.
- HRD and theory.
- Policy-making and HRD.
- Communities of practice: the knowledge management perspective.
- Strategic HRD.
- Perspectives integrative case: the Investors in People standard.
- Looking ahead: the future of HRD.