The world's most flexible MBA programme
This is your MBA. Not ours. That means you start when you like and finish when you like. You can study from home or on campus. At EBS, our courses are designed to fit round you.
One of the world's largest MBA programmes
Edinburgh Business School is one of the world's pre-eminent business schools. We have more than 11,300 active students. More than 16,500 alumni. And partners across six continents.
One of the world's most innovative business schools
Our rigorous courses can be studied in any order. You take exams when you're ready. At Edinburgh Business School, we take a different view. Come and see for yourself.
Some of the most talented students – and teachers – in the business world
We have students from more than 40% of Fortune 500 companies. Our courses are written by prize-winning business authors. For more than 20 years, our programmes have challenged, inspired – and rewarded.
Introduction to Business Research 1
This course gives you a basic understanding of what research is and how it is done. It is particularly useful if you have never done any postgraduate research.
- The concept of research.
- Empirical theory.
- Experimental and observational research.
- Basic research techniques.
- Qualitative and quantitative research.
- Research risk management and project management.
- Choosing a subject and research focus.
- Application to business research.
- Writing a research proposal.
- Developing a research timetable.