The world's most flexible MBA programme
This is your MBA. Not ours. That means you start when you like and finish when you like. You can study from home or on campus. At EBS, our courses are designed to fit round you.
One of the world's largest MBA programmes
Edinburgh Business School is one of the world's pre-eminent business schools. We have more than 10,900 active students. More than 15,500 alumni. And partners across seven continents.
One of the world's most innovative business schools
Our rigorous courses can be studied in any order. You take exams when you're ready. At Edinburgh Business School, we take a different view. Come and see for yourself.
Some of the most talented students – and teachers – in the business world
We have students from more than 40% of Fortune 500 companies. Our courses are written by prize-winning business authors. For more than 20 years, our programmes have challenged, inspired – and rewarded.
Managing Personal Competencies
The primary aim of this course is to help students acquire both a range of generic competencies relating to personal effectiveness, such as self-awareness and reflection, self-management, communication, leadership and influencing and managing the performance of others; and a series of competencies relating to the key human resource functions, such as recruitment and selection, change management, negotiating and bargaining and handling conflict.
The generic competencies include:
- self-awareness and reflection;
- leadership and influencing; and
- managing the performance of others.
The competencies regarding HR functions include:
- Competencies for people management: change management and teamworking.
- Competencies relating to acquiring staff: human resource planning, recruitment and selection.
- Competencies relating to maintaining and developing staff: learning and development, employee relations (negotiation, bargaining, discipline and grievance and dispute resolution).