Creating marketing insights for competitive advantage
The title of this course has been changed from ‘Marketing Research’ to ‘Marketing Insights’ to reflect the way new methods of data collection, analysis and synthesis are transforming the efficiency and effectiveness of market research. Please refer to the ‘Version’ section in the online course text to see a full description of changes made to this update.
This course provides a solid understanding of the marketing research process, including the skills necessary to undertake both qualitative and quantitative research to gather insights to inform marketing processes. The emphasis is firmly on the practical application of the discipline, using research to solve real marketing problems.
• The nature of marketing research.
• Planning the research project.
• Secondary data.
• Measurement, scaling and questionnaire design.
• Qualitative data collection.
• Quantitative data collection.
• Qualitative data analysis.
• Quantitative data analysis
• Evaluating, reports and presentation.
• Applied marketing research.
• Marketing research settings: business-to-business, services and internal marketing.
• Global marketing research.
• Marketing decision-support systems.