Edinburgh Business School needs to obtain and process certain information about our students to allow us to enrol students and organise programmes, and to carry out other essential activities.
The information we collect is used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, we comply with the Data Protection Principles that are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
In summary, these state that personal data shall:
• Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
• Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
• Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
• Be accurate and kept up to date.
• Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
• Be processed in accordance with the data subject's rights.
• Be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
• Not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
Data Protection Policy
Edinburgh Business School and all staff or others who process or use any personal information must ensure that they follow these principles at all times. In order to ensure that this happens, Edinburgh Business School has developed a Data Protection Policy. If you have any questions about our Data Protection Policy, please email: email@example.com.
In this policy, website means Edinburgh Business School’s website at www.ebsglobal.net and its subdomains.
By using our website you consent to the collection, retention and use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Information we collect
• Personal details (such as your name, contact details, email address, etc) which you provide by registering with us or submitting an enquiry via the website.
• Your response to any surveys we may ask you to complete.
• How you use the website and any other information you email or otherwise send to us.
Visitors to our website
We collect this information in a way that does not identify anyone. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. Please see detailed information about the cookies we use.
Here's a list of the cookies we use
ASP.NET_SessionId: This identifies a user's single session
CMSPreferredCulture: This is the default culture/language of content which is set in Kentico CMS.
CountrySelected: This stores a cookie with information of the country the user has confirmed their location.
CurrentContact & VisitorStatus: These are used for identifying users and used to aid lead scoring.
_ga: Google analytics tracking
_dc_gtm_UA-304053-6: Google tag manager tracking
We may collect information where available about your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is data about users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is used to inform improvements to the website, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to third parties.
Disclosure of your information
Authorised personnel within Edinburgh Business School will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to authorised third parties, acting on behalf of Edinburgh Business School, for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal or other data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the website.
You have the right to access the personal data which Edinburgh Business School holds about you (this is known as a ’subject access request’) upon payment of a fee of £10 - FOI request form.